Reflections on the Weekend
Last weekend, we were joined by Alison Speirs, Pastor of Struthers Glasgow. We held three meetings across Saturday and Sunday, and God blessed us richly in each and every one!
Here are just a few of the testimonies from people who attended the meetings:
- God showed one lady that she had to forgive her sister and forget what she had done to her. When Alison prayed over her, pain and anguish arose and she felt it breaking. It’s now gone and the lady feels both lighter and different.
- God spoke to another lady about her temper and how it could manipulate people. Alison prayed with her, and she felt the need to forgive two people who had controlled and hurt her. The lady felt Christ come in white as she cried it out.
- Following Alison’s sermon about death to self and not vindicating oneself, a lady found a new freedom and depth of God,
- One gentleman felt such a deep sense of God. When Elaine spoke to him of family, something lifted in him and a renewed hope for the family came. The gentleman felt something brush him on the hand, and felt a touching of the angels.
- The Lord brought another gentleman face-to-face with the need to forgive his mother and her boyfriend. He had previously forgiven them, but realised there was more to go, and that a deeper forgiveness was needed. He is going on deeper and God is going on onwards and ministering deeper in his soul, especially with regard to his mother and the heart of the pains. He felt a release, free of the past and that he could look at God.
- Another lady found a great anointing and depth in God, as she found when she first came.
- One gentleman was amazed that God moved in the area of forgiveness, when the topic had been covered in a bible study the week before. He felt the presence of God as it flowed through him. He also felt a warmth from Alison that he couldn’t explain.
- One lady had been praising through the week, which she found brought her straight in to the presence of God on the weekend. She went out further and further into God, and she found both great joy and relief. A step was also taken in dealing with her temper.
- Another lady shared how she always comes away from a Saturday meeting feeling really good. She had sense of feeling at home. After going out for prayer, she found that the chains of fear which had bound her, were loosened. The lady also felt a tingling in her whole torso.
- One lady found and felt the love of God from the time she came into the Church. She felt the Lord’s face looking at her, and His arms around her.
- A lady used Alison’s instruction to say the name of Jesus and was able to gain her focus on Christ.
In addition to all these testimonies of the moving of God, He also blessed us with words of prophecy:
Oh my beloved, I seek unto thee this night. I come before thee and I stand before thee as an angel of the Lord asking “art though for me or against me?”. And I say to thee neither, I am a servant of the Lord Most High and the ground on which you stand is Holy ground. You must take off your shoes from your feet, for this is Holy ground. Bow the knee before the Lord Jesus Christ. Give Him all of thy life and all of thy heart. And to know that His blessing and His love is towards thee. Know that it is a Holy place. It is not a place for you to come in and out of. It is not a place for you to bring your own desires and yourself into. But it is a place where you are naked and nothing before thou Holy God. You do not clothe yourself in your own self-righteousness, your own good deeds. But you allow yourself to be clothed with the love and the mercy and the grace and the gifts and the anointing of the Holy one. And then you stand before me and you raise up before thee, thy garments cleansed. Thy heart pure before thy Holy God. And I will touch thee and anoint thee.
And I will use thee to speak to many. That they would know that there is a God who lives, that there is a Christ who loves and who saves. There is a God whose arm is not short to save, to deliver, to heal. There is an Almighty God who is alive, in the power of an endless life, and that He’s given us His Holy Spirit that we might know Him and know more of the things of the Lord Jesus Christ. He will instruct thee in the way to go.
Oh blessed, blessed be His name. The Lord thy God calls thee this night. Take off thy shoes and bow before Him, and allow thyself to be covered with His Holy anointing and find that thou art altogether clothed and covered by Him. And all thy shame, and all thy nakedness is covered by the blood of Christ and by the precious anointing oil. For it is all past, it is all done, it is all gone away. All thy old and filthy rags are stripped from thee and there is a new anointing. A new place for thee this tonight. The past is passed and there is a glorious future for thee in the Lord Jesus Christ. Blessed be His name.
For surely a place of great relief and release will be found for you. So just enter into that spiritual realm and find thy whole being taken over by God. And from that place, thou shalt bring forth the Word of Almighty God for the people. And bring Christ down, that they may understand and they may comprehend how great, how vast, how wide, how deep is the love of God our Saviour for us.
Go into the heavens often, receive the blessing of God, and feed thy people with this truth. That God who’s called Himself love, is in fact the lover of thy soul. Thou shalt find great joy in this place. He has loved you, He has loved you from before the world began. Chosen and anointed of the Lord. Let thy whole life bless His Holy name.
God has been so good to us this weekend, as indeed He is every weekend. He never fails to bless us in abundance!
We hope that you’ll choose to come along to one of our meetings (see Services, What’s On and News for more information) so you too can draw close to Christ and rest His glorious presence.